This is so good! I can’t wait to share this favorite recipe with you. Fair warning, Everyone – You could find yourself craving this smoothie for many days in a row after trying it! Be sure to freeze extra bananas for second helpings. I think you’ll agree that this smoothie is so rich, creamy, and chocolatey it could easily pass for a classic shake!
If my kids are too busy to sit down for lunch on the weekends, I’ll send them out the door with this in hand to keep them going until dinner. Peanut butter is a source of healthy plant-based protein and unsaturated fats, while fortified nut milks can provide many vitamins and minerals, including B12, calcium and vitamin D.
This spoon-worthy smoothie is also a favorite among my kids’ neighborhood friends! I just love it when they come over, grab a stool at the breakfast bar, and enjoy a smoothie with us.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- 2 cups of nut-milk, or a little more if needed to blend (we like Silk Original Soymilk for this, but your favorite almond milk, cashew milk, etc. would work fine too)
- 2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 peeled, frozen bananas, cut into 1/2 inch slices (I always keep peeled bananas in the freezer for smoothies or Vegan Ice Cream)
- We don’t add any extra sweeteners, since the nut-milk and bananas usually give it just enough sweetness. However, a touch of agave syrup would be delicious too.
Just add all of the ingredients to a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.